We all need breaks from our busy lives, some time to recharge our batteries and look after ourselves. One of the ways to treat yourself is to give yourself a spa break. Many come to a spa for a day to give themselves a rest and to use the services offered to help them de-stress. Spa services like massage, for instance can help with things like back pain, sore muscles and headaches.
Spas also offer plenty of aesthetic services as well, everything from mani/pedis to anti-aging facials. Most spas will offer a whole host of services that you can indulge yourself in. Walk out at the end of the day, feeling and looking better.
Here are some treatments you can expect in a typical spa:
- Facials: A facial can help remove impurities from your skin and leave you with younger looking, glowing skin. There are different varieties of facials that can help rejuvenate your skin after being exposed to pollutants every day.
- Body Scrubs: Body scrubs help remove the dead skin cells and impurities from the skin all over your body. Your skin is exfoliated by using a special scrub, the scrub can be made from salts, walnuts, almonds, sugar or some other mildly abrasive natural material. Your skin doesn’t end at your face, give your whole body that youthful look.
- Body Wraps: Body wraps enrich your body’s skin with nutrients and moisturizing compounds. Naturally materials like clay are generally used in body wraps.
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils are used to create pleasing scents that help you relax and reduce stress. The oils can be used in conjunction with other treatments to make them that much better.
- Massage: There are several different types of massage that the spa may offer and those can include shiatsu, Swedish, Ayurveda and many more that can help reduce stress, loosen tense muscles and help deal with overall injuries.
Spas are filled with experienced therapists and estheticians and their goal is to give you an experience that you will remember that brings you back often. They create an atmosphere of calm and quiet so that while you are there you can relax and escape the demands of your daily life. The goal is to send you home with a healthy body, mind and spirit. The next time you feel you’re at your wits end, take a day and pamper yourself at a spa.
You won’t regret it!